Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Stress Ball Mode

Cramming for requirements of board meeting has taken up bulk of my time lately and a few hours before my departure, I'm still not ready to leave but this will pass and it'll be fine. I was requested to rebook my flight today but I guess I was not comfortable enough on the requirements so the thought of rebooking never entered my mind. It makes it a lot tougher that the board meeting had to fall at an early date and in the middle of the all soul's day weekend. The good part was that I was able to spend a weekend at home even if I felt that the weekend seem packed and the travel time going back to Manila was such a long with all the traffic.


Cramming is not really my department and to think we had finished the bulk of the report early but I guess there were several items to iron out. Oh well, the stress ball times will be over soon. No amount of preparations can't please people who refuse to appreciate and it leads me to a quote from Anton Ego in the movie Ratatouille:

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgement. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. "

Well, all my bags are packed and I'm not ready to go but what the heck. Happy days are ahead and from what I see in store for this month, it's gonna be a great month and the days to Christmas are dwindling so the good times will come so I leave it at that and then there's another important thing to do before I leave, it's too catch some sleep. Need all the energy for yet another stressful stretch ahead.

Thoughtless thoughts: "An open mind can always thrive even in diversity."

No comments: