Sunday, November 15, 2009

10 years and counting...


The week started with me debuting new look on new times... a little fresher... cleaner and easily managed look... leaves more time for other stuff like a look in the past...

Blast from the past also had extreme twist... and this was more of ancient past... SLSC page on facebook... Almost twenty years after elementary and the old pictures are there but memories are still just slowly creeping in... and I'll catch up in time but it's always fun reading threads and looking at old photos... I can't wait for my turn to unearth some of those relics in albums stored in the confines of home but before I count down my steps home... There's still a deadline to chase...

I better get used to the roller coaster of emotions that the pressure-packed moments leading to a deadline... Dead-tired on Monday from a plant visit in Subic and Bataan... Surprise on Tuesday... Strategizing on Wednesday... Sick on Thursday... and De-stress via midnight madness on Friday... and then came the time to recharge on the weekend...

Today not only had Pacquiao beating the hell out of Cotto (all places are packed so just watched via mobile screening and good part was my phone could handle the high-definition screening)... It's also my 10th year of being part of the workforce being November 15, 1999 when I started my career as an audit staff... The 10 years seemed longer given the extended work hours in audit and the level of stress leaving a double life as a student and employees and the bigger responsibilities that followed... That's a milestone 10 years of working and considering my walk out anytime persona... It's quite a feat!!!

How do you measure 10 years??? Is it on the funds you accumulated??? Not much, I can say... Is it the places you've been??? Ok, flying colors here... Is it the levels you've traversed??? More than expected on this criteria... The people you meet??? Good network from day 1... Degrees obtained??? Yipee, I got MBA... Properties invested??? Not good on this department...

Well, there's so much ways to measure 10 years but I'd like to say, it's 10 years I'd live the same way again... and again... and again... It's now part of history as I look forward to the next 10 years and beyond... Life's lessons learned that'll guide me in the next step to take... and the journey continues...

Thoughtless thoughts: "Life is not always fair but that doesn't mean you should stop trying."

No comments: