Wednesday, May 02, 2007

And Yet Another Singapore Swing

DHL's Hot Air Baloon

150m above the ground in a hot air baloon

A well deserved rest at Vivo Mall

Wok With Franc (Yum Yum)

Carrying quadruplets... hehe...

After my attempt at knee boarding

On the vacation part of my Singapore Trip... I spent the weekend at Christian's place... Though I didn't have the usual urgency to go around (this being my third visit)... I still had a great time... Thanks a lot to Mon and Christian being such great hosts...

After all the work, I went to the Ministry of Sound in Clark Quay with colleagues... Meeting up with my former CFO who was more of a CEO that night (Chief Entertainment Officer... That is...)... Though I was still not in a party mode owing to all the stress and the lack of sleep deprivation the past days, I still had a good time here... Ministry of Sound is one of the hippest place to go in Singapore...

The next day, Christian and I took the DHL hot air baloon in Bugis Area in Singapore... The hot air baloon would then take us 150m above the ground... so you'd have a great view of the neighboring buildings... Interestingly, at this angle, you'd appreciate the intricate details and landscape of buildings and structures around...
.
We then proceeded to Vivo Mall in Harbourfront Area, which now provides a good glimpse of Sentosa and its fireworks at night... There were small pond-like structure and so many people (me included) are crossing... and some kids were even swimming along this mini pond... Quite an interesting new place to visit in Singapore...
.
I then had a round at the Orchard Area (Incidentally, there's a fitness first in Paragon near Lucky Plaza... too bad I left my passport booklet for FF)... going from mall to mall and churning my favorite S$1 ice cream (really great... yum... yum...)... The S$1 ice cream provides a thickly-cut ice cream (with great flavors) stuffed in the middle of bread or wafers... I think I had two or three along the stretch...

I met up with Edmond and Joanne (with her Mom) at Marina station for dinner wherein we ate at Marina bay... wherein it's all you can eat and at the same time, allows you to cook your foods barbecue style... Had so much to eat here... but loved the food... Yum Yum... and had fun cooking as well...
.
Then came the highlight of the night... our regular bowling mini-tournament (Me, Christian and Edmond)... The games were so competitive and somehow, was at the same time, suspense filled and exciting... Ended up a draw with Christian winning the first one (Edmond 2nd, Me... Dead last)... Me, winning the 2nd game (Christian, 2nd, Edmond 3rd) and the last game was won by Edmond in a breakout game for fear that I'd be blogging that he'd be the only one not to win that night (Me, 2nd, Christian, 3rd)... So he does read my blogs.... hehe... So ended dead even... next time folks...
.
The next day, we had our attempt at wake boarding in the nearby East Coast lagoon... which is just a few minutes walk from Christian's place... Didn't really have much success at this with my first attempt at knee boarding ended up with me swimming from about a quarter to the tip of the lagoon til the tip of the lagoon... and this is where things get exciting... since I'm such a slow swimmer... It took me so long reaching the tip of the lagoon that had the crew worried... and a little while later, one of the attendants came via jet ski and told me that he would just bring me to the tip of the pool... but since I was just a few meters from the tip and as a matter of pride I told them I'll just swim til the tip which they allowed me to do... So later on I had received a few pointers on how to swim faster, one was to hold the board to the directions I want to go, not in front of me... and it was faster to swim frog style than the usual paddle style... and that it was a bit dangerous swimming that slow if many people where in the lagoon as I may be hit by other wake boarders... but the important thing was that I never panicked (was thinking maybe, I should have panicked a bit so I would have swimmed faster... hehe...) So there goes my first attempt at water sports...
.
Had lunch and bought some stuff in Orchard later and met with Edmond and Joanne later for the regular Sunday Mass at Toa Payoh and dinner at Edmond's place at Sernagoon... The next day, before I left, I went to Little India and Suntec City to buy some stuff... and then comes an end to this Singapore Swing...

No comments: