Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hoopless Season

It's already the middle of the NBA season and there's something missing... It’s our regular fantasy hoops with my SGV colleagues in MC2 …

It started about 6 years ago when I joined the fantasy basketball organized by Gani for MC2... I called my team then "Baguio Beans" - quite a funny name... but with my hometown city of Baguio... I thought the Beans would be a catchy moniker...

The first year, I wasn't able to monitor my team due to lack of time...

The next year, I was able to form a competitive rag tag team that narrowly missed the playoff despite lack in star power...

On its third year, I added ferocity to the team's moniker… rechristening my team as "Baguio Beanstalkers..." Eventually made the playoff but injuries to key players proved detrimental as my team got eliminated in the first round of the playoffs...

On the fourth year, injuries, inconsistency and lack of depth in the center and guard position made me miss my playoffs...

In the fifth year, I was able to finish the season with the best record and swept the first two rounds of playoffs before finishing as runner up to eventual champion, Cuidad Fernandina (Allan).

This year, HOOPS didn't offer the 2006-2007 seasons… Watching the game is not as exciting as before since before every stat would affect the outcome of your games... Apparently, it’s a HOOP LESS season this year… and just hoping that next year HOOPS can resurrect its site… and let the games begin anew…

No comments: