Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Goodbye to a Trusty Old Pal

In a few days, I'm gonna say goodbye to a pal who's been with me for quite some time already... There are a lot of travel tales I shared with this pal...
... joined me in an audit assignment in Paris last April 2003; alongside my short tour of Holland/Amsterdam in May 2003...
... joined me in my weeklong vacation to Hong Kong last September 2003...
... joined me in my first trip to Taiwan for the Annual Report of Medtecs last March 2004...
... joined me in my due diligence review of our new subsidiary in Shanghai, China last June 2004...
... joined me in my second trip to Taiwan for another round of Annual Report review last March 2005...
... joined me in my weeklong vacation in Singapore last June 2005...
... joined me when I assisted our Taiwan subsidiary in complying with the new accounting standards last October 2005...
... joined me on my second trip to Shanghai and my first at another new subsidiary in Shandong, China last November 2005...
... joined me on yet another round of annual report review in Taiwan last March 2006...
... joined me in my first AGM in Singapore, alongside my short tour of Malaysia last April 2006...
... joined me on yet another long vacation in Hong Kong, alongside with a short tour of Macau last June 2006...
... joined me on another Board meeting in Taiwan last August 2006...
... joined me as I accompanied our auditors in a trip to our Shandong, China and Hangzhou, China subsidiaries last November 2006...
... joined me in another board meeting in Hangzhou, China accompanied by a short vacation in Hong Kong last December 2006...

68 immigration stamps... 42 flights... 14 foreign trips... 10 locations... 9 visas... 9 airlines... 8 countries... 2 cross country ferry rides... 2 cross country bus ride...

Incidentally, my pal is called a passport... which I have to renew a few months before expiration since some of the countries I visit require 1 year validity of visa... I'm gonna miss my old pal... and awaiting to meet my new passport...

I'm looking forward to travelling as much with my new passport... Anyway, I still have my mini troller bag and my a bit worn-out Jansport bag, who managed to stay with me on all of my trips... I think keeping 2 out of 3 companions is quite a good consolation... so Bon Voyage old passport...

No comments: