Saturday, March 20, 2010

Be Happy

I've lost count on how many times I've been to Taiwan and we probably ran out of places to go as this trip was a plain business trip. It's not that we didn't have time to explore but it's just a case of been there and done that. I can't say all is well as we are not yet officially over and some of the work will have to be done when we go home. I do have to attend to an important meeting on Monday and I guess, that's the part where I have to cram a bit. Monday will be tough that's all I can say. Of course, let's count the things I appreciate for this trip... less stress... cool climate... not so late night walks and coffee... warm jacuzzi baths... spacious new office... the challenge of ordering food... and a lot of free time...

Free time - That's something I didn't want to have the last weekend since there are certain thoughts I didn't want to entertain. Of course, that won't be the case as somehow, I've develop a very responsible body clock. As of late, I get to wake up even before my alarm sounds and even during weekends and I'm hating every part of it because it's the stolen 5 or 10 minutes of sleep that is the best part of waking up. I hope this isn't age catching up with me.

You can always be happy if you let yourself be...

That's one of the basic tenets I got to remember with all those time to think. I always made each choice on that very principle... whatever makes you happy... Eventually, we all want to be headed towards that direction but of course, in our attempt to be happy we should also be considerate and unselfish enough to realize that the world revolves around in so many ways that we don't have always to be at the center of the universe. There's always a reason to be happy and we just have to be vigilant enough to appreciate that there little things that when taken as a bundle makes people smile. Whatever happens, happiness is always a choice and by choosing to be, we can be stronger and better prepared at what lies ahead...

In a few hours, it will be back to home for me and I'm always excited coming home after my short business trip even though It'll be a shift from the cool climate of Taipei to the oven-warmth of Manila. I guess even at my jet-setting mode, I'll always appreciate the comfort of home. I still have to get past a tough Monday meeting but after that there will be more time to go back to the fun days I usually have. I might go back for a quick trip to my hometown, Baguio and will be spending the holy week in Clark. My travel itinerary has not been as organized as it was in last year but I'll try to catch up.

Things are just getting started to be on the exciting side...

No comments: