Friday, March 12, 2010

Back to Chasing the Impossible

I'm such a kid when it comes to birthdays... I look forward to the celebration... seeing people... getting greetings... a few gifts... and the importance you get on this day... I really appreciate people who are part of each and every celebration... who took time to send a message or a post just to greet me... All is well appreciated and I'm glad to grow old around people dear to me...


It's now back to normal and normal would me includes chasing impossible deadlines... let me recount the challenge ahead... Trip to Taiwan for the annual report... Finish annual report within a week instead of two... Preparing for a major meeting the first day I get back and my usual day to day headache... I guess, I'm born for this challenges... Maybe this should be a welcome diversion to some items I have to set aside...

Normal is not exactly the place I'd want to be after experiencing some comfort and warmth. I realized that there are items in my priority list that are worth sacrificing my free willing ways but that again has to wait. I guess on this aspect I can say I am not in a good place. It's difficult knowing that your best efforts and pure intentions are not sufficient and no matter how you try to unravel the facts, you can't solve the riddle. You win some... you lose some... I know in the end that it will all balance out and at the right place and the right time, I'd be back to the finer side of life...

You can't have it all or at least, you can't have it all at once... I'll be bidding my time but after chasing the impossible, I'll be chasing the essentials... If there's one thing I learned, it's the difficult road may be more interesting than the fastest road and that there is always a reason for everything that happens and we may not understand it but we'll just have to take it as it is cause it's the accidents that makes life interesting.

And the other thing I'd want to chase is my mileage and my travels. I'm off to Clark for the holy week just shortly after I come back from Taiwan and I may be impulsive enough to book another trip elsewhere... I should start working on my Europe and Australian Visa cause I may need another escape after AGM in Singapore... but that too will have to wait...

The chase goes on but after this chase I now know what is essential...

No comments: