Friday, April 03, 2009

Irrelevant

I'm now officially beginning the next few days that kicks off my vacation season... and it's quite a long list...

... two days in Bicol at the onset of Holy Week (planned at the last minute but definitely going)...
... three days in Bohol for the Holy Week (planned this since December with family... Tarsier here we come)...
... less than two weeks at work (It's gonna be a crunch preparing for the board meeting and probably a trip home to Baguio in between)...
... six days in Singapore towards end of the month (ok this is more of work since it's AGM but I can't wait to see my Singapore friends)...
... four days in Bora at Labor Day weekend (really want to tick this location off my list)...

A friend of mine mentioned that it's a bit overkill to be in all those locations... but realized I need to do more exploring within the Philippines... as it really sucks being in all those countries where some people know more about the Philippines than you... Love your own I guess...

Of course, the bigger part of the story is that I feel a bit lost now that I've burned myself up with always trying to save the day... too much work and stress the past years so I just need to take a break and really think on where to go from this point on... After being in the center of everything... I guess, I want to be irrelevant for sometime... At times, trying too hard is not always the approach to a problem...

I always wonder how I end up with leadership roles when most of the time, I'd like to just be a piece of the puzzle and not the one solving it... then again, after everything has run its full course, it goes back to finding ways to fix things up... I've been practically on call 24/7 for the past year or even more... even when I was out of the country...So a little irrelevance from this point on wouldn't do me harm...

Anyway, I'm not done yet tinkering with my vacation itinerary... Thinking of going to Shanghai to resolve some issues with a side trip in HK... and still weighing if I should attend my cousin's wedding in Fiji in May... Ok, one other thought, how much savings would be left after all this trips??? That's I question that I'd rather think about at another time... =>

Excess Inkblogs: I guess I have to defer my period of irrelevance a day later as I've been asked to attend a meeting tomorrow... Grr.... At least, I won't really force myself to be up and just try to attend some portion of the meeting.... After all, I'm never a "Model Employee" material... Reliable... Yes... Ideal... Not a chance... =>

No comments: